Lazy Girl's Bean Salad
For those of you who like to have a “grab and go” eating lifestyle like myself, or even if you want to throw a quick salad together for a lazy night, this recipe is perfect for you. I love making big batches of bean salads just so I always have access to a protein-packed snack or meal.
Lazy Girl’s Bean Salad
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 Red Onion
Handful Of Cilantro/Coriander
1 can of diced tomatoes, or 1 cup of tomatoes freshly diced
1 can of Black Beans
1 can of Kidney Beans
1 can Lima Beans
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Bonnini Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
Juice from 1/2 lemon
Optional - White Quinoa
Optional - Shrimp sautéed in Garlic and Butter (so good)
1) Once you have all your ingredients out, start by rinsing the beans really well, to get off the water from the cans that help to preserve them.
2) Combine them in a bowl and give it a quick mix.
3) Combine the Balsamic, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Lemon juice, Chili Powder and set aside
4) Chop and tear the cilantro and sprinkle over the beans, combining the tomatoes and onion, and mix ingredients together
5) Drizzle the dressing over the ingredients, cover, and set aside in the fridge
This is a SUPER easy recipe and can easily be adjusted by adding or taking out ingredients you like/dislike. I like to keep mine simple and yummy, but you do you!